PeopleTek News, July 23rd, 2020
July 23, 2020,
Volume 268, Issue 4
You'll never have all the information you need to make a decision. If you did, it would be a foregone conclusion, not a decision - David Mahoney, Jr.
"How skilled do you feel you are at decision making? Some have no issues, but others find it challenging and even stressful, especially when the decision must be made 'under fire'.
Those that are effective decision makers generally:
- Make decisions based on analysis, knowledge, and experience
- Avoid letting emotions impact their decision
- Take into account deadlines, obtain as many details as possible, and are not afraid to make a decision based on what they know
- Solicit others for advice and ideas when they question if they are making sound decisions
- Understand that mistakes may happen!
Personal styles and preferences are also a factor. Many of us are familiar with Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), and our type impacts our Decision Making Preferences. Here's a recap of the 1st (E vs I) and 4th (J vs P) indicators..."
Read More ...