"Yes! You can predict the chance of a mechanical failure or security breach before it happens. Part one of a two-part series.
Data science and artificial intelligence (AI) techniques have been applied successfully for a number of years to predict or detect all kinds of events in very different domains, including:
- Biology DNA fragments
- Customer behaviors
- Life cycle control of mechanical pieces in IoT
- Creation of new molecules in the pharma industry
- Mood analysis in social media
- Fraud detection in credit card transactions
- Disease wave prediction in epidemiology
- Heart beat classification in the ECG signal
- Human face recognition
- Speech recognition
If you run a quick web search on "machine learning use cases," you will find pages and pages of links to documents describing machine learning (ML) algorithms to detect or predict some kind of event group in some kind of data domain..."
Read More ...